Parenting. Baking. Cooking.

Sunday 19 December 2010

A different ballgame

I have never been an early riser. Except during school days and some occasions or official functions every now and then, when I’m forced to. Even during workdays I get up from the bed around 8.15 a.m. (well it used to be 8.30 a.m. before I had lil K) since my workplace is only 10 minutes away!

I woke up early yesterday to a Sunday, cloudy morning (when everyone, well most, is still enjoying their sleep in the nice weather), at 7.30 a.m. mainly to get to the morning market as lil K’s food stash at the babysitter had run out. And partly it’s because of I’ll be having a long busy Sunday ahead of me. So what I did on my Sunday:

7.30 a.m.          Got up and nursed lil K before heading to market
7.45 a.m.          Headed to the market
8.30 a.m.          Got back from the market & started baking blueberry cupcakes
9.00 a.m.          Blueberry cupcakes in the oven & started prepping lil K’s food stash
9.30 a.m.          Lil K came out from the room, took a break to entertain him
9.45 a.m.          Continued prepping his food stash
10.30 a.m.         Done with his food stash & went for a quick shower
10.45 a.m.         Bathed lil K & nursed him to sleep (his nap time)
11.00 a.m.         Thought I got him to nap, but it only lasted 5 min.
11.15 a.m.         Had my ‘breakfast’
11.30 a.m.         Urut lady came. My long awaited urut session began
1.00 p.m.          Took bath after resting for 30 min.
1.20 p.m.          On our way out for lunch & IKEA with parents in laws
6.00 p.m.          Left IKEA, headed to SS2 New Paris for dinner
7.30 p.m.          Reached home
10.30 p.m.        Nursed lil K to sleep & retired to bed.

 And yesterday, for the record, was my earliest bedtime for years ever since my high school days! Being a mom has certainly changed the ballgame altogether.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© A Mommy's Journey, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena