Parenting. Baking. Cooking.

Monday 22 November 2010

A month of books, assignment & a birthday bash!

Just like the title says, November is a month of books, assignment and a birthday bash for me.

In the month of November alone, I've bought 2 cookbook magazines by Annabel Karmel from Popular book store, 2 marketing books from Amazon.com, and 7 books (4 marketing related books, 1 cookbook, 1 parenting book, and 1 career improvement book) from the Big Bad Wolf sales held in South City Plaza, Seri Kembangan.

Annabel Karmel Family Cookbook Magazine, 2 copies for a total of RM9.90!
The 2 books from Amazon.com which cost me a HUGE bomb! RM 300 for 2 books.
The best book shopping ever! RM 35 for 7 books!
 I doubt I would be reading up on all books there, especially the marketing books I got from the sale. So why did I get them you may ask? Well, for RM 5 a book, even though I don't read up on it, it's good to have them as reference when I need them. After all, how often can you get reference books at RM5 per copy? So, total damage spent on books, RM345. On the other hand, if the cost is to be average among all books, it's only about RM 35 per book. Ok, I know it doesn't work that way but that's my usual way of self-comforting when I burst my wallet. :p

 **************************

And since I've finally gotten myself some materials from Amazon as my assignment reference, it's time for me to pick up the assignment that should be submitted months ago which I've kept delaying and putting aside (actually, there's no due date-lah). I'm now left with 1 assignment, a dissertation and 1 final paper, and I'm done with the Master degree and I won't be doing studies again for a LONG LONG time. Hopefully, I could get it done by end of next year and before I have my second child. *fingers crossed*

 **************************

Lil K celebrated his BIG ONE last Saturday and we hosted the party in a restaurant, Pizza vs Satay, in USJ 11 mainly because of the food, ease of parking, and most importantly they could tailor make a buffet line based on our budget. It was a small and intimate affair with family, relatives and couple of close friends. So here're some photos of the lil K's small birthday bash.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

© A Mommy's Journey, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena