Parenting. Baking. Cooking.

Thursday 18 November 2010

Malaysia On Sales!

Recently, there were links of a few websites being shared on my friends' Facebook pages.
And I'm sure there are more similar sites like these. What all of them have in common is, in a nutshell, almost everyday there will be new promotions or discounts being offered - usually from 50% off onwards. Once the minimum quantity of coupons sold for a certain promotion/discount, then the deal is ON. After the deal period has passed, an email will be sent out to confirm on the purchased coupon. If the deal is ON, you can download the coupons for usage. Else, if the deal is OFF, then the payment made earlier will be refunded.

Since I've discovered these sites, I've been purchasing coupons till I have to restrict myself from doing so at times. With attractive deals like "2 hours facial + 1 hour massage for RM50", "Manicure and pedicure at RM33 instead of RM66", etc, they just make you feel bad should you give them a pass!

I've been waiting for hair service promotions for almost a month and decided not to wait and went to get my hair cut, colour and treatment done for RM135 - which is considered cheap as I've surveyed around for hair colour service rates and for my short hair length is minimum RM 120. Few days later, these websites decided to come up with hair services promotion. One was offering RM29 for Director/Senior Hairstylist haircut+wash+blow together with 40% off other hair services, and the other offered hair colour + treatment for RM 50 (hair length until bra line). WTH! I did a quick mental calculation, even if I had to go to two different hair salons to get my hair cut and coloured, the total would still be RM 56 cheaper than what I paid earlier. I was totally left speechless. Seriously, these two offers are quite attractive that it made me think about it for a few days even though I've already had my hair done. Finally, I've succumbed into purchasing the RM50 hair colour service coupon this morning, just one hour before the deal is gone. Since it's going to expire only on 31 Jan 2011, so I'm going to keep it till then and have my hair done just in time for Chinese New Year (CNY), and I get to save myself from the escalating hair service rates prior to CNY. *cheeky grin*

Although these websites could make someone bursting their purses/wallets before you know it, but it's really a good way for moms on budget, like me, to pamper ourselves at half the price! ;D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© A Mommy's Journey, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena