Parenting. Baking. Cooking.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

"Clear Water" Sponge Cake

"Clear Water" Sponge Cake. Don't ask me why the name. I have no idea myself too.

Stumbled upon this recipe in this nice little blog "The Little Teochew" while I was searching for some nice fluffy sponge cake recipe. The photos taken by the author, Ju, is so tempting, I just had to bake some myself!
 
The rising cuppies!

The cuppies are done! They 'deflated' somehow.. hmm..

The yummy cotton soft fluffy sponge cake!
 
These cuppies were cotton soft, fluffy and not forgetting yummy too! It's like another version of the steamed Chinese Sponge Cake (鸡蛋糕).  Okay, here's the recipe and they are easy to make. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

 
The Recipe
(Originally from here, seen at Cook.Bake.Love and The Little Teochew)
What You'll Need

(A)
- 3 egg yolks 蛋黄
- 1 whole egg 全蛋
- 50g corn oil 粟米油

(B)
- 50g low protein flour (cake flour) 低粉(蛋糕粉)

(C)
- 3 egg whites 蛋白

(D)
- 50g castor sugar 细砂糖
- Dash of salt 盐

How To
1) Beat (A) till well mixed with an egg beater. 用打蛋器打匀(A)。

2) Sift in (B), mix well. 筛入(B)拌匀。

3) Whisk (C) till frothy, add (D) and beat till stiff peaks. 把(C)打至粗泡加入(D)打至干性发泡。

4) Fold in the egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture in 3 additions, mix till well combined. Scoop the batter into paper cups till 60% full. 蛋白霜分3次和蛋黄糊拌匀,用小勺装进纸杯至6分满。

5) Bake in preheated oven at 150C for about 18-20mins. 烤箱预热150度,烤18-20分钟左右

Note:
* I used Superfine flour instead of normal cake flour
* I omitted the salt
* The cake will pull away from the paper cups once cooled. Probably that's why my cuppies deflated. O'well.. as long as they tasted yummy! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© A Mommy's Journey, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena