Parenting. Baking. Cooking.

Monday 14 March 2011

Out of Comfort Zone

Haven't been able to blog as frequent as I wanted to lately. What not, when I changed my job or should I say career last month. Had been in the previous company, in which it was the first company i worked for, for the past 7 years. I'd say the last 6.5 years was great.. till i had a jack-a$$ as my superior. Long story short, while he's being a total jerk, but it wasn't entirely him that made me quit. Another opportunity came along, and it's in a whole different industry although marketing related. So, why not?

In a nut shell, I've moved from building material industry to a retail marketing consultancy industry. Different industries altogether, different sets of challenges, with some similarities in between: N.U.M.B.E.R.S!! Yeah, from reportings to designing program mechanics. Seems like I can't run away from Excel spreadsheets. It used to be 3 tabs in a worksheet, and now it's 10 tabs in a worksheet. Nevertheless, it's fun. I was suprised how addictive this new challenge could be. Once I start on a case, I'm reluctant to stop till I get a first good draft of the mechanics before going for lunch or leaving office. Heh.

3 days after reporting to work, I was lucky enough to be sent to HK for orientation and training. It so happened that the HQ were organizing regional training on the mechanism design process, and I was lucky to join in. Made my life easier when I had to start designing mechanics. But on the other hand, it was my first time being away from my family for so long.. 5D 5N. I was practically 'crying' while going into the boarding gate. And my lil boy pulled some kind of 'boycott' with me when I got home. He used to be my mini "pelekat" (adhesive), but he chose to stick to his dad when he cries. *Heartache*

Now that I'm away again in Singapore for 3D2N, I hope he won't be pulling off another round of 'boycott' with me when I get home. This time around, I'm in Singapore to be mystery shopper for the company's client. Doing spot-checks on some random outlets. Sounds interesting, yah? Well, it is and it's darn tiring as well. I have to cover almost 40 stores in 3D2N, and today alone I've covered 20-ish stores (which was beyond my target for today :D) Yah, it's going in and out of the cab, and basically travelling in the cab the whole day. But it is really something very different to what I've been doing the past 7 years.

So, again, I'm glad this opportunity came by, and I'm happy to be out of the comfort zone. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© A Mommy's Journey, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena